View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3387 View Post
We finally purchased our (2018.5) 3810MS and I’m buying items that I can afford. We’re upgrading from our 31’ class C motorhome. I’ve purchased my EMS, that, to me, seemed like a no brainer. Now I’m stuck between the GPS or a backup camera. Both cost about the same. Both have valid points for purchasing right away. I drove a big rig for a few years, so backing this in a space doesn’t bother me, however, I haven’t done it yet with this setup. The enthusiastic conversations between the DW and I would be nice not to have trying to back in. They tend to start the trip on a sour note. On the other hand, a place we like to go camping a couple of times a year, I just noticed has a bridge that’s marked 12’ that we go through. These items need to be avoided. My question is for those who have a RV GPS and a backup camera. Which do you value more?
Consider the observation camera over the backup camera. It's only few dollars more and has more uses and better resolution. In addition to backup functions it allows you to see what's going on behind you while going down the highway if you want. etrailer.com has good prices on both.