Thread: Plumbing leak
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 05:28 AM   #7
Sally Newberry
Established Member

M.O.C. #18908
My husband & I purchased a used 2015 3402RL at CW on Saturday. We brought it home and immediately started cleaning it. We noticed yesterday a horrible septic smell although we hadn't used the septic at all. My husband checked the gauges and saw that the black tank is reading 2/3 full. We're a little upset, first of all, that CW didn't drain the tanks before letting us take the unit home, who knows how long it sat in their parking lot like that before it was sold to us. We don't plan on camping with it until Labor Day so we have to take it to dump & wash out the tanks tonight to see if the smell goes away - thank god there is a Flying J with a dump station about 20 miles from us. The smell is the worst by the stairs going into the bathroom, right next to the laundry closet. I noticed that the previous owners had velcro around the wooden vents on the stairs, I wonder if they had something covering the vents to try preventing the smell. I'm obviously jumping the gun as we first need to empty and clean out the tanks before assuming something is wrong. We were in the FW all day Saturday cleaning and inspecting but never smelled anything until yesterday afternoon, after the FW was properly leveled.
Sally Newberry is offline   Reply With Quote