Thread: AC question
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 07:20 AM   #12
cwestberry

M.O.C. #21703
AC going into the walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
We also noticed the half bath was always cold enough to hang meat. We leave the half bath door open slightly and I put a small fan on the vanity top to circulate the cold air out of the meat locker and into the living room. This helps a bunch.

I checked all the ducts at the returns and everything is properly taped and sealed and there are no collapsed ducts. I put both ACs on high and set the thermostat low so they run and don't cycle off. I pointed the two rear ceiling registers toward the ceiling fan and We keep the ceiling fan in the living room going and we have a dyson fan rotating to blow on us in the easy chairs and the dogs on the couch (the elderly female Fern really likes the dyson!). On 100 degree days in Texas the best we get is about 80 degrees in the living room but it is tolerable with air movement from the fans. If I keep the ACs on high thru the night the coach cools down to low 60s. Of course it helps a lot if we get a shaded site. DW also keeps a small fan in the front bath and I have a cover over the shower skylight. The air movement with the fans makes a big difference. I suppose it would be nice if the whole coach would cool to the low 70s on a 100 degree day - but overall we have been satisfied with the performance. We especially like to sleep COLD and we get that every night!
... So I took the camper to a repair shop and they took the AC unit off and found the duct work was misdirected and repaired the problem. Easy fix that should have the camper cooler without working the AC to death. Thanks for everyone's input.
cwestberry is offline   Reply With Quote