View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 08:04 AM   #17
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by margerush View Post
Thank you, Thank you everybody. A trip to Maine (from Central FL) up the Atlantic coast & back thru the White Mtns, Shenandoah & Smokies is on my bucket list. I don't want to make the trip by myself in this big Monty, but hubby isn't healthy. I have a file on my computer "RV sites to see". I have added all ya'lls CG & site suggestions. One of these days, maybe.

RV trip wizard said Maine had 10' bridges. I thought I would park Monty in York, ME & just travel by truck.

I have not only traveled Maine on holiday for over 40 years but worked there 2 years as well and have yet to encounter a 10' bridge. Maybe w-a-a-y up North in Aroostook County, but logging trucks wander that area and well exceed 10 feet. Now, if you want to talk bumpy roads, especially US1, 2 and ME 9 ................

Some great CGs near Old Orchard Beach, Acadia NP and further up the coast and a LOT less expensive then the York/Wells Beach area which start at $50 up to over $100 a night. I paid $51 a night at Beaver Dam CG near Wells last week. Nice but us at 38 feet were cramped in possibly their largest site. Look at Sunset Point near Harrington (owner will steam you lobsters at market price) or Timberland Acres near Ellsworth/Acadia with huge sites. Narrows Too has a good reputation at Acadia tho we have not stayed there
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote