Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours is 35'. We've really not had a problem with getting in most private parks and many public parks. However, some of the older county and state parks won't be able to accommodate you and most national parks have a limited number of sites large enough for you. But there's plenty of parks around that can handle our size so we just don't worry about it. The campground directories, like Trailer Life and Woodall's specify max size when there is a restriction.

Unless you plan on spending a lot of time in public parks with size limitations my advice would be to buy what you want and don't worry about it. There will be plenty of parks that can handle the size. At least that's been our experience.

Some states' state parks can handle you with no problem. I know that's the case in Kansas, where we used to live. I've seen forty foot trailers and motorhomes in those parks with no problem. Many Corps of Engineers parks can handle you also, at least those in Kansas. In some there will be length restrictions but for the most part it's not a problem.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote