View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
OK, can't stand it--true confession time, since you gals have 'fessed up.

I'm an Idol addict, and in particular (don't laugh) a SIMON addict. I hated to see Carly go. Jason Castro has a great, one niche voice, but as a well-rounded idol, no way. However, we have to remember that every teeny-bopper on the planet has a cell phone, so those little overly-hormonally-active chicks are burning up their touchpads voting for Jason Castro. I'm sure they're doing the same thing for David Archuleta, too, but at least he has some merit as a well-rounded singer.

Loved Carly--she should not have been voted off last night. Jason should have been sent packing. I like Brooke White, too, but she's a bit uneven in her performances--still, great talent. David Cook--WOW! Syesha . . . well, after witnessing Fantasia's version of "Summertime" the year she won, it's going to take another huge voice to convince me that anyone else out there has that kind of talent.

As Simon said last night, sometimes Idol becomes a popularity contest. So, Jason stays (thank you, teenyboppers of America) and Carly goes. I think the LACK of popularity is what sent Danny Noreiga packing weeks ago, with my blessings. Idol personalities like his--arrogant, rude, and flippant--never do play well with the voters. I hope he and Ramiele Malubay are very happy together in LA (no secret--she told Ryan after she was booted off that she was moving there to live with Danny). Ramiele was another singer I didn't care for. She had talent, but she shot herself in the foot by failing to take the advice of the judges and showcase her big voice with better songs.

Whew! Obviously this old English literature teacher is way, way too wrapped up in reality TV, but Idol is my only reality TV vice, so forgive me. I occasionally need a break from Milton, Shakespeare, Eliot, Dunne, Dickinson, and company. (OK, I lied--I'm also a "The First 48" addict. And when "Sopranos" was on, people knew not to get between me and my television set.)

I predict David Cook will win, but because he's a bit old for the pink, rhinestone-studded cell phone bunch, David Archuleta may give him a run for his money.

Glad you have cable, Icehouse!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote