Thread: We are home
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We are home

As I let you know a couple of months ago Colin passed away in April and we had to get the Monty back from South Carolina to Canada. Well my son was sure he could do it and he definitely proved himself right. Before we left Canada we went to our dealer Outdoor Travel in Hamilton and Tim spent approx 1 hour with Andrew showing him everything then gave us his home phone # his cell phone, his wife's cell phone and his home number in case we had problems, that I felt was going far beyond what anyone could expect. The only problem we had was even though we had our batteries turned off they were flat when we went to hitch but one of the campers boosted us, then our second problem was hitching, the Pullrite Slider hitch is not the easiest to hitch but Andrew got her lined up and I was the one who actually hitched her, the noise I know so well when the hitch locked was a wonderful sound. As you can imagine we kept her hitched until we got home. Andrew had never towed before, other than our small boat, and I felt as comfortable with him as I had with Colin towing, he was that good, Colin would have been so proud of him. As you can imagine it was a very emotional journey and I shed quite a few tears. Thanks to all of those who had offered us help. Thanks again, Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote