Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #31
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Well, I've tried to pull the underbelly on the left sie to see if I could observe where the big leak is on our black tank when nearly full. For the life of me I am unable to figure out how to pull down enough of the underbelly to see much of anything. Too many pipes in the way such as the gas line to the kitchen and the sewer exit pipe. Is there some trick to this that I haven't figured out? At the moment I would just like to get in there enough just to find where it is leaking and if lucky maybe identify which tank I have currently installed. But I'm stuck. Anyonme been down this road on their own and can give me some guidance? It could be as simple as the vent pipe has come loose or something but I can't figure out how to get far enough in there to see anything of substance.

I've tried a couple of times and I'm presently resigned that I will need to get a dealers help but if there is a way for me to do some of the preliminary investigation I would at least know what I'm facing and then could anticipate what the finacial damage might be. We don't have an extended warranty and this probably will be the first out of warranty expense we have had.

Our original dealer, D & L in Wenatchee, WA, has been very helpfull in the past but in this case they are not responding at all. It is hard to beleive they are really busy right now since RV dealers are dying on the Vine here due to the high fuel prices. I work on this in spurts but I get so frustrated I have to walk away from it for awhile to regain a helathy attitude.

Then to add insult to injury this forum doesn't give me an indication of when a message has been added to a thread that I have subscribed to. Don't know what the problem is on that either. So if you respond it may be awhile before I come back on because I sometimes forget I won't get a MOC notice about new entries on a thread.

Any suggestions or comments are welcomne and desired. Thanks in advance.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote