View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 04:09 AM   #12
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Yep good point about you will never get that money back when you sell or trade the trailer but like ya said It's Les's cash,BUT Les does not say if he has a Diesel maybe he has a Gas motor towing the 09 Monty.......LES????
This for sure wasn't directed at lestx and his own decision. It was about my thoughts of doing this same thing. I was interested myself and just within the past couple weeks talked to a trailer building company here in northern Utah that does this conversion on people's trailers. The technician I talked to about it for a while was straightforward about it: He told me he wouldn't do it personally, that with my diesel and the exhaust brake and my 13.5K lbs. of trailer weight, it just wasn't a smart way to spend $3K. I appreciated his honesty.

I've decided to spend the money (part of it anyway) on a 480W solar system instead, so I can boondock more comfortably. Then, I can take it with me to my next RV when I sell this one. Or, haggle with the new buyer if he/she might wish to buy that system from me. I sure couldn't do that with disc brakes!

I'm hoping by time I buy my next 5'er, whenever that might be, whatever brand that might be, disc brakes will be already on if from the factory, or at least an upgrade option.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote