View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 03:16 PM   #9
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
I am using a cover on mine. I got the Adco from Camping World, and so far like it. I looked at inside storage here, cheapest I could find was $275 a month, 6 month lease required. A shed, or outside storage garage, not an option due to neighborhood restrictions. I also want to protect sides from the sun.

I know alot of people don't like covers and have had bad experiences. Before buying mine, I did some research. I talked to some service managers and techs. at area dealers, and they have not had to repair any damage caused by a cover.

I have read about damage, and most seemed to be in high wind areas, especially in winter. It also seemed that areas that have heavy snow and bad winter storms had more trouble. Where I live, that is not a problem. A big storm here is a couple of inches, that melts off in 2 days. We have some wind, again not like some areas.

I saw that mildew could be problem. The cover I bought is breathable. I have checked after a rain, and the cover and coach dry off before the ground. I also put 2 cans of Damp-Rid inside, and so far I have not had a drop of water in either can. I also have Maxx air vents, so I can leave vents open. I could see moisture developing if you have alot of snow that would freeze and melt over and over not letting the cover dry out.

Finally, I asked some people that I saw in the area that had their RV's covered. None have had a problem.

Finally, if you do decide on a cover, I use pipe insulation to cover rain gutters to keep from tearing cover.

Good luck on your decision, and CONGRATS on the new 5er. Hope you have many enjoyable trips, and maybe we will see you in a campground in the future.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote