View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 09:25 PM   #18
AnArky
Established Member

M.O.C. #28708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Devil View Post
In the summer this year we purchased a 2018 3731FL.Nothing but issue after issue with the Dometic thermostats.My opinion they are cheap junk.
I have researched some on this site and have learned that Keystone states they are + or - 5 degrees.Thats surely a tell tale sign they are cheap and how they can stay on the market scamming the consumer is a disgrace.
Not only are they + or - 5 degrees they only work when they feel like it and come on out of no where.
It was 50 degrees out one evening and the wife came home and said something is running in the RV.
Went outside and the bedroom AC was running.We weren’t in it for almost a month so out of nowhere it decided to fire up by itself.
So going in to dealer in a few weeks and will see if they can replace these for real thermostats.
Does anyone know of a reliable thermostat company that will work with the Dometic AC units?
Sure hope this is no indication of the reliability of the Dometic AC units.
Be careful they don’t replace with other junk. I just bough 2 of these to replace the Dometic thermostats. You will want to use their selector to make sure you’re buying the right model.

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat
AnArky is offline   Reply With Quote