View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #357
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswbarton View Post
I have added ceiling vents and cleaned up all shoddy ductwork, cut off the vent collars clush wkth the duct knterkor wall and retaped them. I also got closeable floor registers and stopped ghe air flow from under the steps going into ghe basement I can now run both ac, on auto fan without freezkng the coils

Things one does to make a recreational vehicle into something more.
We did not add ceiling vents but that is not a bad idea. There is a lot of shoddy workmanship and we have cleaned that up in all 6 of our Rv's different brands going back to 1985. We did not cut off the vent collars but purchased vents that fit flush and directed the air down. Purchased closeable floor registers for both Montana's as well as the other brand Rv's
We did not close off the air flow under the steps but did install filters there. For what ever reason we have not in both of our Montana's had freezing coils on the A/C's. I hope your changed out all your fender screws as the OEM ones will fall out in time.Recreational vehicles are hard to keep cool in very hot weather we struggled in temps of over 100 degrees in the SW last summer but managed.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote