View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
2012 Ram 3500HD DRW Tire Wear

Is anyone else having irregular tire wear on their Ram 3500 DRW? I have almost 18,000 miles on the truck and will probably need new tires by 20k. The front tires are wearing horribly on the outside/inside edges. Takes approx. 3200 miles to wear them down beyond making them smooth again with rotation. The truck has the OEM tires on it as well. I took the truck to the shop last week to have alignment checked - the dealer said there is no adjustments for this and stated that I either needed to rotate every 3k miles or less depending on wear, or needed to get rid of the all terrain tires and go with a highway tire with rounded shoulders. The mechanic strongly recommended the new tires as the solid 1 piece axle on the front will continue to create irregular tire wear on the current tires. I also am experiencing severe brake squealing during braking - does not matter speed or how fast/slow I am going. They just squeal horribly. Dealer also stated that the new "harder metal" brakes are know for squealing and there is no solution to correct this issue. Anyone else noticing this?? I have to admit that I find it rather embarrassing to pull up to a red light and hear my brand new $62k truck squeal so loudly. Any insight or suggestions would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I see a new truck in my future as having to buy new tires every 18/20k miles is not going to be an option I accept.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote