View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 05:00 PM   #17
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
DO NOT keep the switch for the propane in the center position. My auto switchover failed over time and I think this may have been the reason. I have replaced the switchover and use the procedure described by others and have had no problems. I believe pointing the switch to the active tank shuts off any possible flow to the empty tank so it can be removed without causing leakages. Then take the tank for refilling and reconnect and switch it back over when the other tank goes empty. Check often so that you always have one propane tank in use.

I don't understand your second problem so I can't help you there.

Using your fiver often will gain you the experience you need for backing. In fact, what worked for me is that I avoid pull thrus whenever I can unless I am staying only the one night and want an easy in/out for quicker means to get back on the road.

Now I am so very comfortable with backing and am humored by the ones who have still not gotten the knack of it but I can relate to their difficulties from my past experience. I have been known to offer my help ONLY if it looks like they need it and won't mind and to get them out of the trouble they are having. They are always grateful, but a lot of patience and understanding goes a LONG way. We always seem to cover some helpful hints on how to do it and fortunately the advice is appreciated.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote