View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Ok, more data. I'm finding that getting reliable data is difficult. But....

1.) I have found that the problem does not follow the tank. I'm very sure of this.

2.) Apparently my just running the water heater and stove burners isn't a very good test to determine if the auto switchover is working right. New results:

When I run the water heater and the three burner stove at full open and then try to start the furnace it won't start after an auto switchover to the passenger side tank. But if I move the lever on the drivers side auto switchover regulator to the passenger side tank the furnace will light but the flame on the three burners are reduced a bit. But they continue to be lit along with the water heater while the furnace lights and runs.

Another indicator is when the lever is in the passenger side position the indicator for the passenger side tank shows all red even though the burners, water heater and furnace are all running at the same time off of that tank.

Now, can I draw any conclusions from all this new data?

I think I can safely draw the conclusion that I'm not getting enough pressure from the passenger side tank after the auto switchover. But why moving the lever on the auto switchover regulator to that side slightly increases the pressure is a bit of a mystery to me. Do I have a problem on both the auto regulator and the passenger side regulator or is it just the passenger side regulator? I think I can draw the conclusion that the regulator on the passenger side isn't providing adequate pressure. So probably the best first step is to see if replacing the passenger side regulator fixes the whole problem but if not then replace the auto switchover regulator too to see if it takes replacement of both to fix the whole problem. Am I drawing good conclusions here with the new data? Comments? Or am I jumping to contusions? :-)

I need to order the Marshal 30 PSI regulator from a local dealer but I haven't found a local RV dealer yet who has one in stock but they can get one in one day out of Portland, OR from NTP Distributors. And I haven't found a single RV parts dealer on the internet who even lists one of these. I find that a bit weird.

Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote