Thread: Laundry
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:16 AM   #16
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dick,
We have had several really bad experiences with laundromats and was one of the reasons we bought the washer/dryer. Dirty machines, coin slots that don't work, machines all full (especially true at CG) and once I lost some clothes. We didn't feel we lost that much storage with the W/D because you don't need as many clothes with you since you can run a load every day. We have shelves above the W/D that hold a lot of stuff and we have a wicker basket that sits on top of the W/D. Actually I was misquoted in one of the posts above. I didn't say you can wash and dry a lot for the cost. When we first purchased our Monty I was living in it full time while working away from home. That is when we purchased the W/D also. I did a calculation on how long it would take for the W/D to pay for itself. It was just over a year if I remember correctly. Another point at the time I had to wear "dress up" clothes to work and laundromats don't do well with nice clothes. The combo Splendide uses very little water so I'm not sure why CG don't like them. We have not run into this problem yet. I like the idea that I can start a load of clothes in the morning while still in my PJ's and having my coffee. Sorry for the long post.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote