View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Broken Water Filter Bracket(update)

I was just in the basement adding soft hose loops to my water pump to silence it a bit when I discovered that the water filter was hanging by the hoses and fittings. We have a 08 Big Sky and it came standard on the rig. The bracket is plastic and was bolted to the side of a floor frame member. The bolts held just fine but the bracket broke off around the bolts. I am going out now to hunt up a replacement bracket of some 3 inch aluminum angle that I can whittle into a replacement bracket. Will let you know what fix I come up with..(update) No such thing as replacement bracket, sooooo, I got a strip of 3 inch aluminum angle and manufactured a replacement complete with the hole for the vent button on top of the filter. Glad I got the Dremel tool last Christmas. Actually when it was originally installed it was a bit too high for the plumbing and put a hard strain on the piping below it and fittings. The replacement that John Kohl and I made puts the filter low enough to take the strain off the plumbing. I also got the pump quieted down substantially... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote