Thread: Crash
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 04:23 AM   #32
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. That had to be a bad feeling.
I too have a B&W hitch and am under the impression that the lever will not close all the way and latch if the jaws are not closed completely. What model is your hitch?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jimmer

It is a gut pushing feeling. This happened to me a month ago. I had a B & W Hitch and I backed into the hitch and the lever came over and the lever closed and I put the pin in it. I hooked up the rest and looked at the jaws and the right jaw looked good and did not take a close enough look at the left jaw because it must have not been in all of the way. I won't make that mistake again. I double check everything twice now and do the tug test. I am going to check into the Blue Ox Bed Saver. I am surprised that the lever would close all of the way if a jaw is hung up. My truck goes into the body shop Monday and 8K in damages. Trailer had a small scratch that they are also going to fix. It kind of spoiled the nice Memorial Day Weekend.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote