View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #16
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
Brought home a new 3121RL a month ago, and have been camping in it since. One odd thing that I have noticed is that randomly, the AC fan will cut off for maybe 5 seconds and then start back up and will run for several seconds and repeat several times. I have watched my Progressive Industries amp meter and it shows the compressor still running. And, the compressor overload would not let it start back up with just being off a few seconds (pressures have to equalize). This is happening in both our bedroom AC and the living area heat pump. It usually does it after it has been running for a while. Doesn't do it all the time. No complaints about the trailer is staying cool, and there seems to be good air flow. Any one else experienced this? I know some have experienced restricted air flow issues, but I don't think that's the case here.
If you have the Fan in Auto what you are hearing is the fan Auto shifting from High to Low speed. Or low to high if you set fan to High and the cycling goes away then that is the problem! Not sure of the exact differential degrees but in auto if room temp is like 3-4 degrees higher then set point in Auto the fan will shift to High Speed you can just be in that sweet spot where it will be shifting like you are describing. to check if this is what is happing set fan on High or turn thermostat temp down a few degrees.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote