View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 05:22 AM   #37
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328RLS View Post
My truck was stolen, had a Ravelco installed, several attempts since but nothing more than a ignition lock replaced. I live in NM and not many places are safe for my truck. I try to park in well lit places if out at night and still they break in.

Truck was stolen two years ago on a Monday evening (8-9pm) just before dark.

I have never had an issue at an RV park but many times while out vacationing the truck was broken into. I had a club and brake pedal lock. Walmarts, grocery, restaurant, etc.

I often wondered how I'd get my RV home if the truck was stolen while I was out of town. I now used the club, brake lock and Ravelco. My truck cannot be replaced for what the insurance.

Careful driving through Albuquerque! have and stay safe.

http://www.koat.com/article/abq-has-...n-u-s/22135418
We had a blow out & had to spend the night in Albuquerque last year, was warned do not stay at walmart, felt like an episode of cops. That was the first time we ever felt unsafe while rving, glad to see this thread as we tend to be more off guard while camping. We learned the hard way in Quebec, had our truck stolen while unhitched. Luckily it was recovered the same day & they caught the guy, needed new ignition switch. unfortunately you can never let your guard down, always be prepared. I try to always park nose in & cut the wheels & park in tight areas, we had friends get their truck & four place snowmobile trailer stolen by tow truck while they were checking in.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote