View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #15
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Luckily we can park our 5er in the driveway but even if we had to use a storage lot, still would prefer the LCI Solid Steps with the Stromberg extended grab bar over the OEM springboards. My wife occasionally has a vertigo problem and the bounciness of the originals did not give her a good feeling. If we were loading to leave, I would just hook up and pull forward since I couldn't access much more then the reefer and the bath anyhow unless a slide or two were extended.

That dirt (non) problem when stowing the steps is handled by a three buck work bench brush (and about a minutes time) from Harbor Freight. The purported water problem when (IF!) breaking camp in the rain is covered by an old towel.

If I have any complaint, it's that I can't easily put items in the doorway either with the steps stowed or extended. While extended, I just push the grab bar the opposite way.

Looks to me if you want to buy any new midline and up trailer of any sort, you will end up with either a MORryde or LCI drawbridge entry steps. Or you can update with the Torklift Glow Steps that work solidly and well too and stow in the OEM 'hole'.

Oh and I just happen to have a spare set of aluminum step springboards ...... I do like my new MORryde tool box that fits in the OEM stair space
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote