View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #13
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Residential fridge during travel

I am somewhat confused concerning the residential fridge and the battery drain mentioned in some of the posts above.

I assume I have a single battery in that black plastic box up front (I cant remember what I was told during PDI in January - one battery or two?). I thought the truck charged that battery while in transit...is that correct?

Does the res fridge (via the inverter)use more power from the house battery than the charge can counter act and keep up with? Why are you guys saying that the battery will be drained after a long day driving? Once you get to the campground and get plugged in - won’t the fridge be ok for the night and start out good and cold for the next days trip? And won’t the house battery get charged from the converter overnight?

We have only done ~5 hrs or so driving with the unit so far and I have not noticed any issues with battery drain or fridge not staying cold...don’t know what it would do on a longer day.

I like Jim’s idea of using couple jugs of frozen water to help keep inside cold.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote