View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #18
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
I suspect that most RV buyers wouldn't know the difference between a Sailun tire and sailing in a boat. I bet the percentage of RV buyers who regularly read the forums is pretty small. They just think a more expensive RV is better, and in most cases it is. If most see a tire with a famous name vs. a name they never heard of they are going to think the one they are familiar with is superior. Just like most autos, RV's are built to a price point that marketing has determined will attract the most buyers. As far as the stairs go, while I can see their advantages to full timers or long timers I personally have no problem with the convential stairs, and in fact, due to storage conditions prefer them.
Actually I agree with you on all but the stairs (our OEM folders are junk) but we have 20 acres to store ours on and will be building our own plenty wide storage (as a direct result of hearing about the issue from folks like you so THANK YOU for pointing the issue out).

I agree most folks won’t know better. I was one of them even though I had a 5th wheel Keystone already. Lesson now learned and thanks to MOC much better informed!! But based on this my recommendation is valid that they could offer a safety and ride upgrade package. That way they hit both the lowball and the experienced buyers without any floor plan changes!! That means increased market share!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote