View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #8
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
CaptnJohn, I'm sure someone could have sold a lot of popcorn watching us today! :-) I need a real trucker to be there, and see if he could have done it better than me?
Sometimes truckers have problems too. A 53' semi trailer is actually easier as the trailer wheels are at the rear with a sometimes shorter overhang.

Last fall we called ahead and was told there was 1 site long enough but a little narrow. There were 2 trees to squeeze between about 15' from the entrance. We arrived after dark after traveling almost 600 miles. It was dark and I was tired to start. 3 attempts and heard my wife say "stop, pull ahead, try again" had me frustrated and POed. Stopped, lit a cigarette and told my wife I was going around the block to set up again. Calmed down on the 2 minute drive arrived back and backed in. Had to pull forward once to get between the damn trees and it was in perfect. Now,,, if I had a chain saw ~~~~~~
Often the pull through sites are narrower than back in sites. Usually back ins are more spacious. I prefer a back in unless arriving after dark for only 1 - 2 nights. Otherwise, better usually to take the extra few minutes to back in.
By the time this trip is over you will be an expert.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote