View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #93
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
I really think the satisfaction with any camping unit is directly related to your attitude and the amount of repairs you can do your self. I, we love our new Rear Den but hate keystone. We particularly like the High Country we had last but felt we needed to go bigger before I had to go smaller because of age,health and the like. Keystone is really no different than the rest in quality and the amount of problems you have with any unit is "just the luck of the draw". I have been back to the dealer once in 6 years and only because I could not repaint the front cap because of oxidation on the High Country my self. Of course Keystone denied the claim as I did not wax enough, then said never heard of that happening before even though my dealer had 2 other identical units in for repaint for same issue, then stalled decision unit warranty ran out and said "Hey your out of warranty" just lied right to my face, threaten to sue and I got painted end of issue. The other repairs I have done and don`t really consider it a game breaker keystone. Just something you have to do when owning a camper.
Some people play the warranty game and want the dealer to fix everything to include tightening screw on the cabinet doors. If one of the shades dosen`t go up as fast as the others it`s on the 30 count list. Really, I don`t want our unit to sit at the dealer for weeks to more likely months for this stuff to get repaired, fix it your self and move on. You have to remember the people that put the camper together, it`s not Rocket Science.
You do know there is a certain amount of personal satisfaction from repairing things that are broken, you look good in front of the wife instead of whining about the terrible camper that I will never buy again go on the internet find the repair and get to it. We`ll buy another Keystone because of floor plan, colors, local dealer availability. That`s my story and I`m sticking to it.
Well said!!