Old 10-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #38
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Hi

If you have the money to try and correct this then get started the states of Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico have been reported extensively on how the police cause you time and money doing just what I said. I did not get that information from the internet where a lot of stuff is totally wrong.

Run a search on “legal highway robbery” then do you research to verify what you find.

The police can violate your rights all they want when you are standing on the side of the road and any action by you to correct this violation of your rights will only cause you more problems. The only place you can object forcibly to you right being violated is in front of a judge.

All the officer has to do is make the statement he believes you have committed some kind of crime. This gives the officer the authority to detain you until the investigation shows otherwise or in the case of seizer of your property until you prove you have not committed a crime.

I didn’t say it was right I said it happens and refusing to let the officer search in the states mentioned can cost you.

Phil P
Some kind of crime doesn't allow the police to go into your vehicle or Rv. Not going to say it has not happened or their aren't bad apples. Don't give the police cause. I have been doing police work a longtime and have taught search and seizure classes at a community college. Lock your weapons up and act like an adult and it will be fine. Like others have said read the laws and the 2nd admendment. I am not a gun rights nut but law abiding folks who educate themselves and learn to safely handle a gun are okay in my book. Also refusal to allow a search has no bearing on probable cause for a search warrant.