View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #63
dke1955
Established Member

M.O.C. #20643
Well sir all I can offer you is my experience..bought a 2004 Foretravel...with 2 yr warranty. Radiator leak, frame rusted out, black water tank refab., refrig. not cooling, sound system replaced (Bose), front a/c replaced, satellite TV manu. went out of business this required replacing, awning repair, steering box replaced, rear brake pads did not slide (these were inspected prior to purchase and at each service)...ate into rotor and these were replaced...yearly service = $1400.00. The total for ONE YEAR of ownership..to include monthly note, insurance, repairs, = $40,000.00...that was with the warranty company picking up a good portion of the major repair bills. Foretravel is a top of the line DP..however even now they are having huge quality issues...to the point I became concerned about the future of the company...and I live in the town where Foretravel is manu.. I decided to sell the unit, it was an awesome coach...the wife cried about it but the numbers just could not support continued ownership unless I had the deep pockets necessary to foot $150.00/hr repair shop bills..which I don't. So I felt it prudent to sell. Just my 2 cents. Have a good friend who purchased a $175,00.00 Allegro...on maiden voyage a/c leaked through the roof and engine stalled on the highway ( he as lucky enough to get it out of traffic), and the rv had to be towed..which towing a motorhome is an adventure all in itself...you DO NOT just hook up and go... I felt it was a better choice for me to go 5er..so here I am. Have 2017 SW F250 powerstroke...which is a sometimes daily driver so dually was not practical for me..hopefully this will be adequate for pulling 3160rl which is what I am looking at.
dke1955 is offline   Reply With Quote