View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #17
Bill.vannuys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17706
We don't drop our Truck off at the car dealer and leave it for several weeks while they get around to working on it. Unfortunately, that is not how most RV dealers I've experienced operate.

My initial dealer for SOB was as you describe; they scheduled me out 3 weeks for some simple warranty work (a few hours work) and told me when I arrived for my appointment "this is just a drop off appointment; we don't actually start work for a few more weeks." After 2 weeks of no work on my NEW unit, purchased from them, I showed up to take my unit somewhere else - never been back!

Having managed Motorpools in the Army, the math is simple: "if you schedule and do today's work today, then tomorrow is free for tomorrows work!" Same for work scheduled in 3 weeks.

After my initial bad experience, I found a dealer (3 hours away who didn't sell me my Montana - they switched to selling another brand during the recession) who provides great customer service. They schedule me out for their next available appointment (usually about a month in Spring & Summer). When I come for my appointment, they go right to work on my repairs that day. Usually one tech or sometimes two depending on the job.
They have handled all warranty and other work on 2 different units.

Once, after "same day" trouble shooting, the RV dealer had to wait for parts for several weeks (Cooling unit for refrigerator under warranty). When they finished troubleshooting, they returned my trailer same day and scheduled me when they estimated the part would arrive. Great "customer centric" service!

Its management and a desire to provide customer service. Using this forum for help, I do many repairs and upgrades myself...slowly.

2014 3735MK Legacy, Sailun 637s, TST 507RV TPMS, 2 Battle Born 100 AMP Lithium Batteries, Slide Toppers
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ, 6.6L Duramax 4WD, CC, LB, SRW with Allison Transmission
Bill.vannuys is offline   Reply With Quote