View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #29
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskyjimmy View Post
Sorry not true ,I have been told that SOOOO many times the Only Duramax that really had cooling issues was the 05 LLY Duramax for 1 year because of the turbo elbow inlet restriction(easy fix) I have been doing this for 6 years of Fulltiming with my 04 LB7 and the greatly improved 07 LBZ Duramax I have now never a overheating issue in 90 degree weather and going up steep grades there is plenty of air going to the trans Cooler and Radiator just do not put a cover on the Scooter or Trail 90 when driving then you WILL have air flow problems, the pic is deceiving if I took the pic from the front you would think different also keep your cooling stacks clean and on GM trucks they have weak Trans cooler lines that fail so replace them with after market lines like I did and Rock and Roll
While you are correct about the LLY being the series with the cooling problems, I don't believe it was the turbo inlet (not even sure how that would be possible) here is a link to the Diesel Place. LOTS of unhappy LLY owners.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...-problems.html

But glad to hear you haven't experienced any issues. I have an LMM, so most of the issues with the earlier generations were fixed.
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote