View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Potential 3791RD owner...

We currently have a 2016 3791RD and love it. The raised den and raised bedroom give defined room separation. It feels more homey as opposed to the open, one room kitchen, dining, living area of some floor plans.

Question 1. In the very rear storage I keep camp chairs, flea market cart, chocks and shore power cable. The next one forward I keep my grille, fishing gear, broom and wash brush. I have no problem accessing any of that gear.

Question 2. Fluffy (Gabriel Iglesias) has lost a lot of weight. Most RV bathrooms are not roomy. Definitely not a two person room. The pivoting door on the new models might present a problem. Depends on how fluffy Fluffy is.

Question 3. We are not fulltimers so can't speak to how much clothes storage would be needed for that. We keep two weeks worth of clothes in the RV at all times and the dresser and closet works fine for us. I'm just glad to have a dresser as my previous RV's had none.

Question 4. The sofas and recliners are comfortable. The new recliners are power and have remote controls. Seems neat but I see potential issues. Something that can fail and you need to power back to the upright position to get up. Mine are manual. When sitting on the sofas, be sure to lean forward before getting up. If you don't, you WILL hit your head. Do not sleep on the sofa beds. There is a design flaw, unless they addressed it, that when open, the "leather" material will rub against internal frame work and rip.

Question 5. The new model has a new cook top and new self igniting oven. Wish mine had that. The new cook top gives you a bit more counter space there.

Other issues. Do not store anything fragile in the cabinets in the den. Things bounce around back there while traveling and will break. Secure the sound bar as it will bounce off it's mounts. Love the residential fridge. If you boondock much you may want to upgrade the batteries, add solar/generator or consider model 3790RD with the RV fridge.

Any other specifics, just PM me.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote