View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #24
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Salle & Samuel if you want to get on other RVers SH*& list just unhook your RV at any Wal*Mart, KMart, Truck Stop and leave it for a day and you may find troubles when you return. Unhooking and leaving for a day is totally frowned upon by most RVers that use these same facilities for overnight parking only. It doesn't much matter whether you have permission or not it's something that you just don't do. Plus an unattended RV in the out of the way, far end of some parking lot is an open invitation to any thief especially if he's seen it sitting there for a couple days.

BirdingRVer, if we find such a place we either drag the Monty with us or we find a campground. We have visited many a museum and roadside attraction by using their parking lots. I would not want to leave my Monty unattended on any parking lot, owners permission or not. If I wanted to see whatever the attraction may be I would find a campground, even if it meant driving some distance to find such a campground. This occured just 2 months ago as we were passing by Lake Champlain and Burlington VT. We decided to take in Burlington for a day or 2 and found us a campgroung some 20 miles away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well said Glenn.

Weldon

Weldon and Carolyn
I.D.No. 920
2001 F-250 PSD, CC
2003 2955RL Montana
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote