View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 04:29 AM   #14
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thank you for all your prayers and kind words.

I just returned from my Dad's in Sebring. It's nothing short of another miracle. His house was untouched. Not even any debre in his yard. If your local paper printed a good map of Frances' path you will see how the eye cut through Okeechobee and made a very slight right turn just at it reached Highlands county went north along it's edge and then turned north again right at the NE edge of Highlands. (Lake Placid/Sebring) I know that being on the SW side of a hurricane is the best place to dodge it, but because the eye was so close and the storm so big, it's hard to figure.

So now for me it's "On the RUN again, just can't wait to get on the RUN again......" If you look at where I'm sitting (Naples) and you look at Ivan, well it's making me nervous. The problem again is where to run to. The SW coast of FL is about the only part of the state left without problems from Charley and Frances. I sent in two resume's to Naples agencies just in case, but right now I'm uncertain. It may take a Westward path and miss Naples but I sure can't wait to long to decide. But I also don't want to pull to an area with power.

I know Frances is making a mess where some of you are right now, so I pray you are safe and not losing power or getting flooded out.

I will be so happy when the day comes I don't have to live in FL during hurricane season. This is too much stress even for me.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote