View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #9
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
rubble, Yes spacing is 35 inches within 1/8 inch side to side, so hopefully the dog bone has not seperated.

The wet bolts are installed along with the upgrade Mor-ryde wet bolt upgrade bracket. The old bolts and hangers were of course worn and elongated with the plastic shims worn through.

As to the tire wear, finally got Keystone to convince Dexter to look at the tire wear. Dexter said yes, theres a loss of camber, but not sure why. Possable overloaded unit?? My basement is half empty, closets are half empty, only hlf the cabinets are empty. I'm a newbie and not a full timer, but i will sure have this unit weighted to the ounce.
The result to date, might be tires not balanced. Dosen't keystone balance the tires on new built units? No answer from that question.
So the question as it stands now is, why does an axle lose its camber in 14 months if the unit is not overloaded, i have not been driving over curbs as Wal-Mart, and the tires were supposed to be balanced at delivery.
One interesting point is that the axles are rated at 6,750 pounds but we call them 7,000 pound axels and the springs are rated at 3,500 pounds each.
More after we get the axles looked at and having the tires taken off and tested for balance to see how far out they are.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote