View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Check the specs for the generator's ratings on noise in decibels (dbs). When measuring the noise levels interestingly enough, they are not additive. For example, the dbs will be the same for one or for two generators with the same db ratings. You'll need at least two 3000 watt generators. Two generators less than those ratings won't cut it. The point being you need about 5500 to 6000 watts of generators. I see nothing wrong with your plan and running both A/Cs.

Some other considerations, regardless where you are, most campgrounds will not allow you to run them past whatever their quiet hours posted. If not at a campground, there still might be a local ordnance about noise. It's best just to plan or expect that past 10pm you won't be running them. Other places might not even allow them to be run at all. It's best just not to argue the point but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

You might still measure the current or wattage usage of each A/C unit so you know how much reserve you have left over for other electronics and appliances. I am also not familiar with the Boilys you mention so I don't know if they provide a clean AC Sine wave for sensitive electronics. I hope someone else can help.

Beware, I'm no expert, but I think even beginners like me should know about power, signal and noise requirements. I hope this helps.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote