View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Ron, we live 20 miles north of Longview, which would be 29 miles north of Kilgore, so we know the area well. I was born here and grew up here, and now am retired here.

As for fishing, we live just a few miles form Lake 'o The Pines which is one good place to fish, but there are lakes all over East Texas: Sam Rayburn, Lake Palestine, Tawokani, Toledo Bend, etc.

There are many good RV parks in the area [though we do not use them for the obvious reason that we live here.] But I presume that you would want a more permanent and less expensive arrangement than some of them might have. Reading your post more carefully, you seem to be wanting to rent a house and have your boat and camper available. I don't know exactly where your work would be, but that might determine whether you would rent in Longview, Kilgore, or Tyler. [or other communities such as Henderson or Hallsville for example.]

I know there are storage facilities in the Longview area which can accomodate both RVs and boats.

If I may be of futher help, send me a private message or email through this forum.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote