View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 03:46 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Everytime this gets asked we get pretty much the same answers.

So, you either love it or hate it. Want one or don't.

I started out (long timing) not wanting to give up the storage space. That space was reserved for huge bags of script dog food for 4 yorkies.

Then, I was diagnosed with my Demon, diabetes. My life changed, a lot, as did my outlook on laundry mats, even in luxury campgrounds. I spent one particularly painful 8 hour day in the laundrymat waiting for machines, getting the 2 plus weeks of laundry done, and not even dried.

We now have a combo, vented, Spendide. And, I have been known to forcefully state:

STEP AWAY FROM THE MACHINE!

I love it, and there is no going back.

Man and I rarely go out at night, so, I do a load at night. Our machine is mid upstairs, so, noise is not an issue.

For me, it is all a mind set, my mind is set on loving this thing, and I do! LOL Seriously, the mind set is, if all the laundry is not done at once, I can live with that. I do NOT have to lug it out to the truck, into the laundrymat, out of the laundrymat and back into Tana.

A huge issue for me with the Demon is reducing stress as much as possible. Now those that know me personally, will be giggling, no, I am not a low stress type personality. But, the Splendide keeps this one stress maker in reasonable limits for me. In fact, I like/love my machine enough that I have been known to giggle in delight, and we all know, laughter is a stress reducer.

If, perchance, I do a load of laundry during the day, and CountryGuy decides we need to go out to, oh, say, lunch, who am I to argue? Lunch out. Yep, let's go. OHH, load of laundry running. OK, it will be finished washing in 15 minutes. (I never run the loads from wash through to dry, always stop at end of wash.) When the machine stops, I take everything out, give it a good snap/shake and fold. Place in bathroom sink, folded and wet. When I return, I dry.

Lunch out, less stress, yes,

STEP AWAY FROM THE MACHINE!!!

By the way, it's not always about the finances, the budget, payback on the machine. I cannot say I have "paid" for the machine in dollars saved by not using laundrymats. I can say, that my payback has been in life style and just a small amount of stress reduction. Quality of life = a huge win for this gal.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote