View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
IRLPGuy, i'll have to look under the slide when we dry out. Two antennas both antennas are portable/temporary, VHF/UHF wire J-Pole on a ~20ft push up flag pole buddy mast on the ladder. HF can be placed anywhere on a tripod TransWorld TW2010 manual switching between 10-20m, I may just have to pickup a TransWorld TW4040 to cover 40m. Nice "little" antenna. Are you using a single HamStick or HamStick Dipole(s) if single are you switching out per band and using custom length counterpoise or a single length cut to xx Meters (I have 6-80M hamsticks packed away). Do you have a problem with common mode currents? My Lance camper goes bonkers with an antenna anyway attached to the ladder. I guess I can hijack my own thread

Thanks TWeber, i have a few of those barrel connectors. Next time I'm at CW i'll pickup one of the boxes and see how much i can butcher it. I'm concerned the length of barrel required to connect the cable and get a good signal will be a bit to long but for a few bucks it's worth a try.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote