View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 AM   #17
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
mtpocket2

Now, my ole memory ain't what it used to be, danged thing leaks all over the place,

But, it seems to me, that there was a member that had a fire, in the battery area????, and that they posted their experience on the forum, they were full timers the way I remember it. I thought that they next morning they received a PHONE CALL from someone at Keystone, and they were promised help, and that they got the help. Stuff like cooperating with the dealer and seeing that they got the parts they needed in a timely manner. This person who had the fire was very happy with this, and they are back living in that unit.

Another example: early 3295 units had the pump switch and those annoying tank level indicators, way back in the back of the unit, in the kitchen, where you could not get to them UNLESS the kitchen slide was open. They read on the forum how some of us were tying in another switch and putting it up mid coach so we could use the water (toilet) while running, withOUT having to open the slides. Was not long when we noted that the new 3295's were coming out with all that switch stuff mid coach.

And, again, excuse the ole leaky brain, but it seems I remember that there was a quality issue with the staples. I think the staples were going in too far. We heard that they (management) looked into this situation and then stated they were going to make adjustments to the staple guns, by putting some control on it (help me here guys, I cannot think of the correct term). I cannot recall hearing much about this staple thing since then????

At the Rally's we have had "Show and Tell". Al and I participated in that the first couple of times, and I had several management dudes at my rig making notes on all of our improvements. I could hear this guy's pencil scratching, man he was writing fast! They sure were interested. Course, that is NOT reading the forum, so, let's forget this one!

AS far as suppliers, many of these suppliers have the market all tied up, why??? cause they are the ONLY supplier! Now, this is NOT a good thing, for you, for me, for Keystone. Ya need a part for your oven, and there is only one manufacturer (this is true, by the way, there was a problem a few years back with the supplier and there were NO ovens to be had, industry wide!!!). Not all of our vendor supplied items in our rigs have any competition. GULP!

Having met a number of the managers of Montana division in person, I have to say, that if they say they are reading the forum, they are. They are not evil dirty lying souls. They are decent, really nice people.

That said, quality control seems to be a big issue, always! SIGHHHH

ON EDIT: I agree with Dennis as well! Good point!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote