Thread: 2x4 or 4x4?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #39
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
We could discuss this topic for days my friend.
1. If your worried about fuel mileage you should NOT be driving a pickup truck much less pulling a 5th wheel!
2. Initial cost is minimal and recovered at trade in. If you live in the South like I do it is more than recovered!
3/4. I worked for two different major companies. The fleet managers (who bought and sold thousands of vehicles) indicated to me that there was very little difference between cost of ownership of a 2x4 and a 4x4. In fact, with the trade in difference 4x4 was actually less expensive over the life of the unit! I'll take the wisdom of those fleet managers over either of us
5. You haven't ridden in a 4x4 in the last 10 years have you? I can't tell the difference in the ride but then I am no powder puff. Now if you put gumbo mudders and a lift kit on one then yeah they ride rougher. You pulling a 5th wheel or going mudding?
6. My wife is 5'2". She has no trouble getting into our 4x4! Besides you ever hear of running boards? Face it a 1 ton is going to be tall even if it is 2x4 get over it already shorty....I will admit I am 6'2" so I don't get this one....
7. Again have you ridden in a new 4x4? Besides if you have any sense you would have a diesel. Road noise, I can't hear it over the engine LOL......Get a good radio and deal with it your in a T R U C K!!!
8. Only if your an idiot! If your getting stuck with the 2x4 shift to 4x4 and get the heck out of where your at!!! Those guys that think they are bulletproof in a 4x4 would get just as stuck in a 2x4. It isn't the truck it's their brain...
9. Ok I have to admit that I don't know exactly what your talking about. Maybe the way a truck in 4x4 has a hard time cornering? You do know you can shift a 4x4 into 2x4 right?????

This is fun keep it up and have a nice day.....
As a matter of fact, I rode in a Silverado 4 x 4 Friday, went and got some fire wood, didn't need the 4wd option. *Fine truck...a bit noisy, rough riding, and couldn't load our normal amount of wood due to the reduced cargo capacity, but okay. *You guys want 4 x 4, fine, knock your selves out, I certainly don't care...your truck, your decision. *But it's impossible to have a discussion with people who refuse to look at and acknowledge facts (that even a salesman would admit) and don't want the facts to interfere with their bias. *I'm done with this thread.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote