View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Did a dumb trick

Had a close call that was my fault. Ir had been over three months since the last time we got on the road. Always nervous that we'll have forgotten something. When I checked the 5W brakes, they seemed a little weak, but OK. Had planned to have them checked at the Indy 500 stop because Camping World will be there--think that was in the back of my mind.

Way down the road going through a city I didn't have any really problems with the brakes although they seemed a little long, but I always keep a big safety zone infront of me. Starting down a hill, the light turn red and I had plenty of room to stop behind the truck stopped for the light when a PU dodged in front of us from the right turn lane to a K-Mart store. I had the pedal to floor boarded and it was obvious I was going to rear end the PU. I managed to jerk the rig into the right turn lane with about ONE inch to spare from hitting the PU and slid past it.

We parked at K=Mart and dewatered the dogs and me! Checked the brakes and readjusted the Prodigy controller to max. It was a little weak and thinking back, I had tested it on a slight uphill grade--enough to fool me into accepting a less than good performance from the brake controller/brakes. I'll make sure that I am on the level or downhill for future brake checks.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote