View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #32
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Been using a CPAP since Jan of '94 with the nasal cannulas. The mask made me claustrophobic. When I started using it, there was no such thing as a humidity tank or a heater. Now I only use the water tank, but in the winter, I'll use the heater some. The heater won't run on 12 volt so I plug a small inverter into the 12 volt TV antenna and run the 110 volt wire thru the closet to the CPAP, which sets on the closet shelf. I could just use the main house inverter, but found the smaller inverter uses less amps to just run the CPAP and by using the smaller inverter, it gives the whole house inverter time to rest at night.

The machines we have now days are super quiet compared to those first machines, but being in the closet, we can't even hear it run. The first CPAP machines sounded like a small air compressor running all night, but my wife said it was quieter than my snoring.

Oh, and Ozz, holsters on both sides of the bed. My side has my 1911 45 auto and Carols side has her Pink 1911 45 auto. You don't come into our Monty unannounced at night.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote