View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #37
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverdur View Post
The newest line of cameras from Furrion are excellent. I just bought a single camera system on Amazon with the 7" monitor. So much better than my older Furrion with the 4.3" monitor and the camera resolution is excellent.

Furrion Vision S 7 Inch Wireless RV Backup System with 1 Rear Sharkfin Camera, Infrared Night Vision and Wide Viewing Angle - FOS07TASF
I did a lot of research before I made my decision on which system to buy. I finally installed the Furrion observation system on my RV several months ago. I bought the 7" monitor, 2 side marker light cameras and 2 shark fin rear cameras. As it was previously mentioned the system isn't cheap. In my case price wasn't the deciding factor on which system to buy. Features, quality and customer support was. Furrion is a major electronics manufacture who designs and produces their own products so they know how their products work. Before I made my purchase I called Furrion several times with questions about their system. The tech support rep had no problem answering my question, they knew the system and how it worked without having to put me on hold or fumbling though paper work to guess.
OK, back to the system. When installing my system I didn't wire it into the marker lights for power because I didn't want to have my marker light on all the time. Plus the main reason was I wanted to use my camera system as a security camera system when parked at my camp site. So I wired it into my RV's 12v system and installed a lighted on/off switch in my control panel so I can use the system anytime I want and not having to be hooked up to my TV with the marker lights on.
The system works great and the quality of the picture on the 7" screen is great. It is smooth and not jerky or choppy. The rear camera also has a microphone that you can turn on and off so you can hear your guide person when backing in and you don't have to use a cell phone or walkie talkie.
When parked at my campsite the system is now my security camera system (no it does not record but maybe in the future per Furrion). I have the cameras on all the time and I have all cameras displayed on the screen at the same time.
FYI: the latest display screen software doesn't allow for multi camera view all the time. I called Furrion and they swapped out my display for one with the old software that allowed me to do it.
The cameras have motion sensors on them ( which you can turn on or off). I purchased 4 cameras but only installed 3 at this time. I'm trying to decide where to install the 4 the camera. My side marker light camera catches my door area do I don't need it above my door. I'm thinking about installing it some where on my front cap or hitch so I will have 360 deg view all around my campsite when parked.
I am very satisfied with the system and it works great for me.