View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #21
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodgod1 View Post
If everyone would please indulge me on this issue for a moment, I think you'll understand where I'm going. I was recently made aware of Keystone using the Norco gearbox to open and close the slides on the High Country models. Apparently, over the past few years, Norco has modified their design and those new style gearboxes will leak oil on top of your slide roofs while your slides are in and the oil will sit on the membrane and cause it to bubble up. Then next time you put the slide out it causes tears and stretches the roof membrane. I belong to a 381 TH group on FB and every on of our slide gearboxes are leaking onto the slide roofs. My request to the group is to check your slide roofs while your slides are retracted. Take a flashlight, stand on a step stool and look directly under the gearbox. It'll be clear as a bell if it's leaking. You'll see bubbling there or a tear. Gentleman on youtube that goes by "Down The Road We Go" has posted 3 videos about the issue if you'd like to see. If yours is leaking please let me know as I'm trying to get Keystone to come up with a permanent solution to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
353RL built in early 2017, all 3 slides have this issue. I have not contacted Keystone or the dealer about this as it's no longer under warranty.
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote