View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 04:03 AM   #12
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SDVIKINGRON

PSFORD99
I could not determine what trailer you put these on....am was already to drop the hammer on a set of the Sailon 235/85r/16 when it came to my attention they are bigger. I have the 2009 3400 model. It appears that the sidewall on this tire is the only size dimension difference adding .46" per tire. Installed what is the measurement between the 85r tires?
Thanks, Ron

I have the 2008 3400RL. My previous tires were the G614's, and they were a good inch shorter then the Sailuns in the same size 235/85/16

The Sailuns closed up the gap a good 1 inch, the gap now is 3*1/4 " between the tires.

Only concern I had is that there is an adjustment bolt in the wheel well that hangs down on both sides below the plastic fenders, they bothered me a bit. Why they are so long ,and hanging down there is anybodies guess, but they sure don't need that much adjustment. Never been touched in over 9 years. Anyway I took them out ,and cut them down ,so now they are up inside the plastic fenders. Other then that I have no concerns about clearance.

Not sure how close they can be together before it becomes critical, but over 3 inches shouldn't be an issue.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote