View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
BigSkyJimmy,
Never ever run the generator in the basement without the exhaust being vented directly outside. The regulation generators I've seen had the exhaust down back toward rear of trailer. I've seen some that had it directed toward outside edge. I'd not do that since the bedroom is directly above that. And if a window is open the gases would go directly into rig.

And the exhaust must be a direct connection type. Not something that you just point the genny's exhaust at and hope it will exit the compartment. Not a good idea.

Actually running a stand alone type generator in the basement is NOT a good idea and I will never do it again. And I'd advise you to never do it.

We tried running our 2002EUi in the front basement once. I had the door open and there was a strong wind blowing directly into basement so I thought it would be OK. It was until the wind shifted directions and then stopped. It took only a couple of minutes for the rig to fill with exhaust fumes. They set off every alarm we have in the trailer. Turned off the genny and it took an hour for the rig to clear up.
Good luck but don't do it.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote