View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
WOW, I feel like I hijacked this topic with my question about the B&W hitch. Forget the ball, I couldn't use that because I don't have a horse or utility trailer and am aware that 5ers with balls are not recommended. But this hitch with only a 4 inch hole is the bed is something I wish I had. I have a 16K Valley right now and the rails are an absolute pain! This 18K 5er hitch certainly exceeds what I need, and NOT having rails is wunnerful. Plus a ball can be addd for all the other types of bed trailers.

I'll have to look up the Reese hitch that Dave & Victoria describe, too. It sounds like the same thing but just a competitor.

Do any of you have a spray on bed liner or liner of any kind that these work with?

Unfortunately I can only drool since I don't feel inclined to spend hundreds for something I have learned to live with.

Oh my, so sorry I am continuing the hijack, but in all fairness to bigred715, I've heard ball hitches are not good for conventional fifth wheel trailers even though there are bolt on conversion adapters. The biggest advantage to a ball in the bed is keeping the bed usable when towing and especially when not towing. The disadvantage is not all trailers do well with a ball in the bed and even though fifth wheel hitch or ball trailers tend to have better capacity, they do not improve your vehicle's tow rating. I hope this helps.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote