View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #15
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Not trying to disagree with anyone, but the line running from the pump to the fresh water tank on all of my Keystone RVs has been a white reinforced/ flexible line (not pex like the rest). In my case, this line runs from the front of the camper to the back,(from pump to tank) around 25 foot +-. This line sags between everything it rests on. So water will sit in the low spots if not blown out of protected with antifreeze. I do believe this line is less aped to bursting from freezing, but I would not take that chance since to would be a royal PITA to replace.

I have mentioned on other posts and treads that, to me the only way to be 100% sure of no freeze ups happening you have to get antifreeze into every plumbing line. To me the easiest way to do this is to put 3-4 gallons in the fresh water tank and pump it through all fixtures until you see pink. Easily done in less that 15 min.

Yes, you have to flush the system out really good in the spring, but you should be doing that anyway and sanitizing the system with bleach.

The only draw back I can see is for those of you that have newer units with no gravity fresh water fill port, then you would have no choice but to blow that line back into the fresh water tank.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote