View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Bill, I would disagree with you on the "Blinder" approach. I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that a person who tends toward a positive outlook on life is someone who is naive and can't efficiently handle a negative situation.

Actually blinders can be very useful when stretching for a worthwhile goal/dream, while people all around you are constantly telling you that you can't do that, or that you will fail. "Do you know what the statistics are???" I wonder what the world would be like if Abe Lincoln or Thomas Edison had not had "blinders" on, and disregarded all of this input? I'm sure they had plenty of soothsayers. George Washington only won one battle during the Revolutionary War. He lost every other one. The one he finally won, was the one in which the British surrendered. This was over the course of a few years in horrible climatic conditions. Wonder if he ever had the right to complain and whine. He had men freezing to death all around him. Thank you "Blinders"!

You seem to have an unusually high number of defects on your Montana, and it surely is a challenge.

The majority of posts that I am coming across are getting above average response from Keystone/Montana. You seem to be having particular problems getting any positive response from them. I have found that keeping my cool, even when the opposite could have developed, on the phone has gotten many things done for me over the years. I have heard that smiling while you are on the phone in a difficult situation works to help you come across to other person in a more productive manner. I'm not saying I've haven't had to grit my teeth, but it has worked many times for me.

*On Edit~ I agree on the Japanese statement, Bill. We might even want to give China a chance.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote