Thread: Blocking Sun
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 06:01 AM   #12
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
At least I know that having some sort of reflective material won't ruin the windows. Does anyone have any experience with Kwik-Shade? http://www.kwikshade.com/
~Dawn
[/quote]

Dawn,
I just ordered two small screens for our truck from Kwik-shade. They shipped out yesterday and I should get them in a few days, I'll let you know how they work.

Mel has a real hard time sleeping with any light so we went to the local Ace Hardware store and bought some "reflectix" by the foot from them to make covers for the bedroom windows. I just made a template of each window with paper, and cut out the size we needed and then took silver duct tape and wrapped it around the edges to give it a finished edge and then tucked them in and under the window shade and they all fit in real nice, don't even need any velcro as they fit tight to the inside frame. Now this is great for the bedroom and helps keep it cool too... but... I don't really want to block out all of the sun all the time in the rest of the windows or have to constantly be removing screens from the windows all the time, so I am still looking for an alternative for the bright sun attack days.

Just as an fyi. We were at Camping world last week and I did notice that they have some reflective material that they sell also. It looks more like the car/truck window reflector material than the reflective stuff I bought. Also, I did notice the reflectix material we have tears fairly easily, not the whole thing, just the alum. film they have on the outside, as the inside is like a bubble material, so maybe what camping world now has is a little tougher on the surface if not as thick as the reflectix. who knows, just food for thought.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote