View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #12
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

For those of you with hydraulic slides and the Level Up system ... should your pump motor fail, what is the procedure to manually pull the slides in or manually pull the legs up. Another way of asking is how do you isolate the slides from the landing gear or vise versa when I assume using a drill motor and a 1/4" allen to supply the pump power? Although I'd imagine I'll not opt for the level up on my next fiver ... I'd like to know the answer to pass on to others when in need.
EDIT AFTER READING MANUAL AND WATCHING VIDEO IN rohrman POSTS
I can only answer what I now know about my new levelup. However I "assume" the newer units that have one pump for all will work the same way.
I have three solenoids for the level up. One for both front legs, one for both road side legs and one for both the curb side legs. On the solenoid (opposite end of the wires) is an Allen wrench keyed "valve" you screw it in to [s]prevent [/s] allow fluid flow through that hydraulic solenoid. This picture shows the wheel cylinder solenoids. The front legs is in a different location.

Note: Because of space these are mounted upside down so normally the Allen wrench would be on the bottom.

Since the pump motor runs both directions for hydraulic fluid flow you only have to allow the fluid flow for the selected cylinder you want to move.

As stated in the manual the set screw fully counter clockwise is normal and closed position. Clockwise (normally 3 turns) is for open position of the solenoid.

Screw in/open the slide solenoid and retract the slides.

Next, screw the slide solenoid valves out and in/open one at a time for both the wheel solenoid valves and retract them.

Finally screw out/close the rear solenoid vales and screw in/open the front legs solenoid valve to raise and then lower for hook up to truck.

The latter is how I would deal with my level up without power.

I hope this is clear and helps.
Safe travel

edit = Thanks to rohrman for the links to the manual and video.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote